Challenge and Celebration Week
School trips and outdoor enrichment opportunities are an important and memorable part of your education. They enhance learning, improve staff/student relations in the classroom and help you to become more independent, grow in self-confidence and develop teamwork and leadership skills.
Our aims for Challenge and Celebration Week are to:
- Provide students with a variety of enjoyable and purposeful enrichment experiences throughout school life.
- Give students and tutors a chance to really ‘get to know each other’ in a non-classroom setting.
- Give students a feeling of belonging and pride in your Learning Community.
- Increase opportunities for students to show leadership qualities, no matter what age.
- Allow students to enjoy the great outdoors and some fine summer weather at the end of a hard school year!
The programme of activities planned for all year groups will give students a varied and enjoyable end-of-year experience throughout their school career. We also hope that the programme will meet all the personal and learning. Obviously, a programme such as this is never cheap, but we hope that the mix of activities in terms of cost, and a long term vision of what students will experience throughout their time at IGS, will encourage you to meet the financial impact of such a programme.
Students who are in receipt of the Pupil Premium may receive financial support to meet some or all of the cost of the programmes - full details can be found in each booklet. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any further information.