Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
The PTA works to raise additional funds for school that enhance the enrichment and education of all our students. Extra funds also support a range of projects that the school would otherwise struggle to hold within existing budgets.
Each year we run a series of fundraising activities such as Curry & Quiz Night, Auction of Promises and Car Boot Sales.
In past years we have funded:
- The IGS Bursary (available to provide financial assistance to students who otherwise would not be able to afford to participate in trips and enrichment opportunities);
- The provision of dining furniture for the dining hall in the new Armitage building;
- The refurbishment of various areas of school;
- DofE equipment; and
- SEN resources.
Unfortunately, due to Coronavirus, many of our fundraising activities have had to be put on hold and we don’t anticipate being able to run our usual events for many months to come. With this in mind, we set up a GoFundMe page in June in the hope of raising £10,000 to help support key school projects:
- To help fund further enhancement of the student mental health/wellbeing support that is already provided, in anticipation of an expected increase in demand over the coming months;
- To increase the provision of outdoor furniture and ‘awnings’ to provide increased shelter for students in anticipation of an increased use of outdoor space over the coming year.
By the start of the September term we have raised £5295, which is fantastic!
If you can help in any way at all with a donation, no matter how small, we would be very grateful. The link to the GoFundMe page can be accessed here.
Unfortunately, due to Coronavirus, all forthcoming PTA Meetings will be held via Zoom until further notice. IGS PTA warmly welcomes all parents to our meetings at 7.30 pm . Please contact PTA@ilkleygs.co.uk for Zoom log in details. Dates for the PTA meetings for 2020/21 are:
- Thursday 17th September 2020
- Tuesday 29th September 2020
Monday 16th November 2020 - PTA AGM followed by PTA meeting
- Wednesday 6th January 2021
- Tuesday 2nd March 2021
- Thursday 29th April 2021
- Monday 21st June 2021
We will be discussing/planning various events for the coming year (Wine Tasting, Countdown to Christmas, Quiz, Car Boot Sales, Colour Rush, Ilkley Carnival, Auction of Promises, Ben Rhydding Fete, Year 6 Transition (for September 2021 intake) and Year 7 Meet and Mingle (for September 2021 intake). Obviously, all events are subject to Government guidance in relation to Covid.
If you are unable to attend our meetings but would like to be included and kept up to date then email PTA@ilkleygs.co.uk
Please feel free just to come along to our meetings and find out how we as parents can help provide our children with the extra facilities that can improve and enhance their school life.