Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
The PTA works to raise additional funds for school that enhance the enrichment and education of all our students. Extra funds also support a range of projects that the school would otherwise struggle to hold within existing budgets.
Each year we run a series of fundraising activities such as our Wine Tasting evening, Quiz Night, Auction of Promises and Colour Rush.
In past years we have funded:
- The IGS Bursary (available to provide financial assistance to students who otherwise would not be able to afford to participate in trips and enrichment opportunities);
- The provision of dining furniture for the dining hall in the new Armitage building;
- The refurbishment of various areas of school;
- Outdoor benches and awnings; and
- Mental Health training and resources for staff and senior students.
The Latest News
We regularly send emails and publish news posts with updates on our activities and progress. Please click here for our latest communications.
Our latest fundraising activity is our annual Auction of Promises. Sadly, we have not felt able to run the Auction for the past two years due to Covid, so we are keen to ensure that the 2022 Auction is a real success. Please click here for further information.
Short on time but still want to support the PTA?
Why not sign up to one of these easy options?
You can also help to raise money via IGS Marketplace on Facebook by selling your 'pre-loved' school items.
This is a group for Ilkley Grammar School parents and staff to buy and sell second hand school uniform, sports wear and sports equipment, miscellaneous educational equipment, books etc, to raise funds for the PTA. Please provide a description, photo and asking price with your post. Once sold, we ask the sellers to make a donation (50% suggested minimum) to the PTA using Parentpay to the school office. Thank you!
IGS PTA warmly welcomes all parents to our meetings which are held in the School Library at 19:30.
PTA meeting dates for 2022-23:
- Wednesday 28th September - held remotely please email PTA at address below for a link.
- Monday 7th November - PTA AGM followed by PTA meeting
- Tuesday 10th January
- Thursday 2nd March
- Wednesday 26th April
- Monday 26th June
If you are unable to attend our meetings but would like to be included and kept up to date then email PTA@ilkleygs.co.uk
Please feel free just to come along to our meetings and find out how we as parents can help provide our children with the extra facilities that can improve and enhance their school life.