Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
The PTA works to raise additional funds for school that enhance the enrichment and education of all our students. Extra funds also support a range of projects that the school would otherwise struggle to hold within existing budgets.
Each year we run a series of fundraising activities such as our Wine Tasting evening, Quiz Night, Auction of Promises and Colour Rush.
In past years we have funded:
- The IGS Bursary (available to provide financial assistance to students who otherwise would not be able to afford to participate in trips and enrichment opportunities);
- The provision of dining furniture for the dining hall in the new Armitage building;
- The refurbishment of various areas of school;
- Outdoor benches and awnings;
- Mental Health training and resources for staff and senior students;
- New lighting system for B Hall enhancing the Creative Arts department's offering;
- High quality photo canvasses for display around school.
The Latest News
We regularly send emails and publish news posts with updates on our activities and progress. Please click HERE for our latest communications.
Quiz & Curry Evening
Friday 31st March 2023
Tickets: £15 per person
Ticket includes a curry meal (veggie option available).
To buy tickets, go to the PTA Events website HERE – if you haven’t registered already, you’ll need to, but after you’ve done that it’s easy to buy tickets for any of our future fundraising events.
You can also help to raise money via IGS Marketplace on Facebook by selling your 'pre-loved' school items.
This is a group for Ilkley Grammar School parents and staff to buy and sell second hand school uniform, sports wear and sports equipment, miscellaneous educational equipment, books etc, to raise funds for the PTA. Please provide a description, photo and asking price with your post. Once sold, we ask the sellers to make a donation (50% suggested minimum) to the PTA using Parentpay to the school office. Thank you!
As parents we help provide our children with purchases of school equipment that improves and enhances their school life.
IGS PTA warmly welcomes all parents to our meetings, held in the School Library at 19:30. We start meetings with tea, coffee, biscuits.
If you have any questions and/ or unable to attend our meetings but would like to be kept up to date, email PTA@ilkleygs.co.uk
Next PTA meeting dates for 2022-23:
- Wednesday 22nd March (Colour Rush – turn up and join in)
- Wednesday 26th April
- Monday 26th June