Ilkley Grammar School is popular and oversubscribed. Admission into Year 7 is via Bradford Metropolitan District Council (BMDC), who still run our admission procedures even though we are an Academy.
- Admissions Policy 2023
- Admissions Policy 2022
- View the BMDC guide to admissions
- BMDC's website page for how to apply
Y6-7 Open Day
Typically held within the first week of October.
We offer the opportunity for you to see the school in action during the morning from 9.10am to 10.40am where current students will take you on a guided tour.
In the evening, the main school is open from 6pm to 8pm with presentations from the Headteacher in B Hall starting at 5.30pm.
Representatives of Bradford Council are available on the night to clarify or discuss any questions around admissions to IGS for the coming September; although we are an Academy, we continue to enlist Bradford to administer our admissions.
On arrival at the main entrance to the school you will be signed in, given a programme of departmental displays and a map of the school and directed appropriately. We are a large school with a complex site, but our expert student guides are stationed at key points inside all buildings and around the site to provide assistance; they are also a valuable source of information and happy to answer any questions.
We are always excited and proud to showcase our school and really look forward to meeting you. We hope you and your son/daughter find the occasion both informative and enjoyable, and that it supports you in making an informed choice about the important next step in your child’s education.
- Click here to see the latest
Ilkley Grammar School Open Evening Presentation by Headteacher Mrs Carly Purnellvia our YouTube channel.
Application Procedure for September 2023 Entry
- Open Evening: Open Evening will be held between 6pm and 8pm on Wednesday 9th November 2022 for prospective students and their parents/carers.
- Taster Day: All interested students will then be invited to a “Taster Day” which is usually held at the end of January (provisional date of Monday 30th January 2023 TBC).
- Application: Students are then asked to apply formally using the school’s application form a link to which can be found below. The closing date for receipt of applications for the academic year 2023-24 is Friday 10th February 2023. All applications must be submitted before the application closing date to be guaranteed for consideration.
- Interview: All applicants will be invited to an interview to discuss their application (provisional date w/c 27th February 2023) and to receive guidance on eligibility for particular courses. For current IGS students this will be based on the student’s predicted grades and Year 11 mock examination results. Students who would be new to IGS will be asked for evidence of their predicted grades at GCSE.
Have a look at the detailed Post-16 information provided on the website.
To register your expression of interest for 2023 entry, to arrange a visit, a Teams video call or to ask a question please email firstname.lastname@example.org leaving your name, the name of the student, a contact phone number, briefly outlining any specific areas of interest/questions you may have.
Further Information and Links
- Post-16 online application form (2023 entry): New Starters
- Post-16 online application form (2023 entry): Current IGS Students
- Post-16 Entry Requirements Summary (2023 entry)
- Post-16 Admissions Policy for 2023
- Post-16 Open Evening Presentation - November 2021
- Post-16 Subject Information (2023 entry)
In addition, we have created a short powerpoint to help students see how subject choices link to future plans:
- Pathways and Sector Presentation - to follow shortly