Challenge and Celebration Week
Monday 19th to to Friday 23rd July 2021
School trips and outdoor enrichment opportunities are an important and memorable part of your education.
They enhance learning, improve staff/student relations in the classroom and help you to become more independent, grow in self-confidence and develop teamwork and leadership skills.
Our aims for Challenge and Celebration Week are to:
- Provide students with a variety of enjoyable and purposeful enrichment experiences throughout school life.
- Give students and tutors a chance to really get to know each other in a non-classroom setting.
- Give students a feeling of belonging and pride in their year group.
- Increase opportunities for students to show leadership qualities, no matter what age.
- Allow students to enjoy the great outdoors and some fine summer weather at the end of a hard school year!
This is an example of a typical programme for your reference*
The programme of activities planned for all year groups will give students a varied and enjoyable end-of-year experience throughout their school career. Obviously, a programme such as this is never cheap, but we hope that the mix of activities in terms of cost, and a long term vision of what students will experience throughout their time at IGS, will encourage you to meet the financial impact of such a programme.
*NB during Covid-19 restrictions we will need to adapt our usual programme accordingly
Students who are in receipt of the Pupil Premium may receive financial support to meet some or all of the cost of the programmes - full details can be found in each booklet. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any further information.