KEY POST-16 ADMISSIONS INFORMATION
Application Procedure For September 2022 Entry
- Open Evening: Open Evening will be held on Wednesday 10thNovember 2021 for prospective students and parents.
- Taster Day: All interested students will then be invited to a “Taster Day”. This is scheduled to take place on Monday 17th January 2022. Final details TBC
- Application: Students are then asked to apply formally using the school’s application form a link to which can be found below. The closing date for receipt of applications for the academic year 2022-23 is Friday 11th February 2022. All applications must be submitted before the application closing date to be guaranteed for consideration.
- Interview: All applicants will be invited to an interview to discuss their application and to provide guidance on eligibility for particular courses which for current IGS students will be based on the student’s predicted grades and Year 11 mock examination results. (Students who would be new to IGS will be asked for evidence of their predicted grades at GCSE.)
Please see below the presentation from the most recent Open Evening. This will be updated immediately following this year’s Open Evening for September 2022 starters which is on the 10th November 2021.
To register your expression of interest for 2022 entry, to arrange a visit, a Teams video call or to ask a question please email email@example.com leaving your name, the name of the student, a contact phone number, briefly outlining any specific areas of interest/questions you may have.
As well as offering in-person open events this autumn we will also be showcasing Post-16 on our learning platform Showbie. To set up a free student account on our learning platform ‘Showbie’ (unless you are already an IGS parent/student) go to www.Showbie.com, click ‘Sign up for free’, click ‘I am a student’ and use your contact email address to log your details with us and set up an account which will allow you to view all sorts of Open Evening materials.
The Class Code for 2022 entry is N99BW
Use Showbie to:
- Watch presentations on each subject
- Hear first-hand from Post-16 students about their subject pathways
- Find out all about Post-16 Leadership and Enrichment opportunities
- Listen again to the Open Evening Presentation
- See an exemplar assembly, iTalk, Wider Reading Lists
Information about all aspects of our Post-16 provision is available on the Post-16 section of our website as well as on Showbie.
Further Information and Links
- Post-16 Subject Information
- Post-16 Entry Requirements Summary
- Post-16 Application Form: New Starters
- Post-16 Application Form: Current IGS Students
- Post-16 Admissions Policy for 2022
- Live Open Evening presentation 2020 – this will be updated immediately following the 2021 Open Evening
In addition, we have created a short powerpoint to help students see how subject choices link to future plans: